Thriller author Dwayne Alexander Smith joins me to talk about his great book “Forty Acres”. A suspenseful page turner that you will not be able to put down. Mix a secret society of black men, modern day slavery and one man's courage and you have the ingredients used by Dwayne Alexander Smith in “Forty Acres” I loved reading this book. The pacing, the suspense and the courage to take on the horror of slavery from a totally new point of view made this book such a great read.
In this interview we talk about:
- Dwayne Alexander Smith's background as a writer
- How the idea for this story morphed over time
- How his writer friends though his final idea for the book would not work and how he took this as a challenge
- How the central character (Martin Grey) faces difficult choices throughout the book as he is put into corners and the story takes a turn in an unexpected direction
- Dwayne Alexander Smith explains his process creating a book with a page turner pacing
- We talk about the discussions that book clubs are having about Forty Acres and how some of the views expressed are a little disturbing
- We talk about the use of isolation that is felt by the central character and the courage it takes to stand with integrity in this situation
- How difficult it was to write a particular portion of the book due the horrible reality he had to capture in one scene. How difficult it was to put his mind in a place to write this portion of the book.
- Dwayne Alexander Smith shares some great news about the possibility of a sequel
- We then talk about his new book “The Unkind Hour”. His new book that is another page turning thriller.
You can follow Dwayne Alexander Smith on his web site, Facebook page and on Twitter
Web Page: www.writtenbysmith.com/
Other episodes you might like