Author Kenya Moss-Dyme joins me to discuss her horror short story collections. When I read Kenya's short stories, I was so impressed by her effective use of surprise in her horror stories (Horror with a mean left hook). I had such a great time talking with Kenya and learning about her writing process and discussing her books.
- Kenya shares a bit about the first story she created and how it sparked her interest in writing.
- We explore why Kenya likes the horror genre.
- Kenya tells us about a project she is currently working on and the challenges this novella has presented.
- We talk about the difference between creating short stories and longer works. We look at how the writing process differs for each format.
- Kenya explains why she likes to write about people who bring horror instead of creatures.
- Kenya and I talk about her “mean left hook” she delivers in her stories and the element of surprise.
- “A Good Wife” is Kenya's three book series that has an interesting origin. We talk about how the genre of this series is so different from her horror series.
- We follow up with a brief description of the “The Pulpit Chronicles: Prey for Me”. A dark story that is one push away from horror.
- In her story “The Devil Inside” Kenya uses her life experience as the catalyst for this horror story.
- Kenya share a touching story about how she recovered one of her first stories she ever wrote over 30 years ago. This story is included in her short story collection “Mix Tape”.
- We wrap up with Kenya telling us how the Facebook group “Colors in Darkness” has affected her writing life.
Kenya Moss-Dyme's Website and Social Links
Kenya's Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Kenya-Moss-Dyme/e/B00JXLJIB4/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1509412355&sr=8-1
Colors in Darkness, the premiere online site for dark fiction authors of color presents its first anthology!Amid the upheaval of the 1960s, the Kretcher Motel opened in a poor, desolate part of Atlanta. It still serves its original purpose: to lure those souls who are lost, who are troubled, who are...More info →
Alesha prided herself on being everything that her husband Malcolm wanted or needed. Juggling busy careers and raising two young children, they still shared a wildly passionate sex life. So when Malcolm challenged her to make one of his fantasies come true, she turned to her best friend Traci for he...More info →
(192 pages) Post-Coital continues the tale of former best friends, Alesha and Traci, still picking up the pieces after finally breaking free of their toxic attachment to Malcolm McBride. In the final, explosive tale, we find Alesha navigating the dating world as a single mother, until a tragedy brin...More info →
For the first time ever, get the complete series in ONE 450 page download!A Good Wife - Book OneAlesha prided herself on being everything that her husband Malcolm wanted or needed. Juggling busy careers and raising two young children, they still shared a wildly passionate sex life. So when Malcolm c...More info →
This sensitive drama takes you inside the mind of Traci, the best friend you love to hate from the original bestselling hit, A Good Wife, by Kenya Moss-Dyme. In that twisted tale, Malcolm and Traci’s plan to legitimize their affair blows up in their faces as secrets are exposed and a lifelong fri...More info →
(90 pages) Jessica hated Steve with the passion of seven flaming suns. The sound of his name caused her head to ache and her fingers to tremble with desire – the desire to claw at his face. His voice on the phone caught her off guard; she was weak and vulnerable and yearning for affection from som...More info →
Daymares is a 230 page collection of seven disturbing little tales of terror by Kenya Moss-Dyme: In Baby Mine, a woman faces the ultimate ‘morning-after’ following a lust-filled night with a brutish former lover; A landlord rules his apartment building with sharp precision in 1st of the Month; J...More info →
Kenya Moss-Dyme presents a page-turner about a young woman's harrowing journey through cancer treatment at the hands of a beguiling nurse who gives her more than the normal care. The tormented patient morphs into something unrecognizable, as the mystery unravels and she unleashes a surprise of her o...More info →
(184 pp) The Mixtape (Special Edition) is a collection of seven web-only stories by Kenya Moss-Dyme.Dead to Me – In an upscale neighborhood, a woman wages a lonely battle against the undeadGroundhog – A pair of cheaters attempt to rid themselves of their problem with unexpected resultsCornflower...More info →
Includes bonus features - Character Guide, Book Discussion Questions, and a sneak peek at an upcoming novel.Man. Minister. Monster. On the surface, Reverend Theo Goody appeared to be everything that single mother Keynetha needed. He was gorgeous, committed to the church, and wasn't fixated on gettin...More info →
Other author interviews you might like