Author Eden Royce creates horror short stories that will have you looking at everyone and everything with a suspicious eye. Eden Royce brings a fresh new voice to the Gothic Horror. As a writer and an editor of anthologies, Eden has an impressive body of work you can explore. Eden has also brought her creativity to the science fiction / fantasy world by taking the supernatural and placing it in the most normal of worlds. It was a great pleasure to talk with Eden Royce.
- Eden Royce shares her motivation for writing and in particular the horror genre
- Eden share a very interesting fact about her family history that has provided a rich source of stories that have influence her writing
- We talk about what Gothic Horror is and how it differs from other forms of Horror
- Eden shares why she has favored the short story format for many of her works
- We get a hint about a new project Eden Royce is working on
- Eden paints a picture of the feeling readers will get when they read her short story collections “Spook Lights Vol. 1” & “Spook Lights Vol. 2”
- We shift gears and talk about Eden’s science fiction/fantasy collections “Containment Volumes 1 & 2”
- We talk about the central character who is a Devil/Human Hybrid and he works at the power plant
- Eden shares her experience as the editor of the anthology “The Grotesquerie”. A collection of 22 horror short stories written by women.
- We discuss the Facebook group “Colors in Darkness”. Eden shares why this group was created and how it is helping writers develop their works.
- The story behind creation of the “Forever Vacancy” anthology published by the group is shared.
- Eden shares two of her other stories that have been accepted by Podcastle and FIYAH Magazine
- We learn how people can join the “Colors in Darkness” Facebook group
- Eden share one more great anthology of black women horror authors and poets, “Sycorax’s Daughters”. You need to get this book just for Eden’s short story.
Eden Royce’s Links
Other Interviews You Might Like